The Pelham Town Board would like to extend best wishes to all of our Pelham neighbors for a happy, healthy and safe New Year, and are hopeful that we will be able to carry on with our lives in an uninterrupted fashion in 2022.
As we close out 2021, the Town Board would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to outgoing Board Member, Tim Case. Tim served as a Councilmember for the past 10 years and before that he served as the Town Clerk for Pelham for two years. He functioned as the Board’s liaison to the Pelham Recreation Department, for which Tim spent innumerable hours working to better the services and programs of the Department. He was instrumental in adding programs as well as expanding current programs. Tim, with a background in finance, also contributed significantly in helping the Town manage its budget over the past ten years. Tim’s affable personality during monthly board meetings and budget work sessions, and his competent leadership throughout his tenure, will be greatly missed. Tim was honored with a plaque by Town Supervisor Dan McLaughlin at the Town’s Holiday Dinner on December 14, 2021.
We would like to share an updated from Westchester County government including testing and vaccination resources and helpful phone numbers.
Westchester County Data as of 1/1/2022
3,307 new cases
24.2% testing positivity
730,542 Completed Vaccinations
826,337 At least one shot (85.4%)
95.6% of 18+ population have at least one vaccine dose
44.1% of 5-11 population at least one vaccine dose
88.8% of 12-17 population at least one vaccine dose
85.7% of 18-25 population at least one vaccine dose
· The town participated in picking up and distributing the KN95 masks and testing kits over the last week and distributed to residents.
· Following the distribution of testing kits last week, Westchester County’s supply of testing kits is fully exhausted.
· Free PCR testing is available at the Westchester County Center in White Plains. Testing is only available for symptomatic persons or those with known exposure – this testing is not for travel. Testing is by appointment only.
o An error on the vendor’s website currently indicates that no tests are available from January 3rd to February 2nd. New tests will be available for scheduling every day on this website. We are working with the vendor to update the website.
o Testing is available at Grace Baptist Church in Mount Vernon at 52 S 6th Avenue. This site will be open Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. The site will provide rapid tests and may provide PCR tests at a later date and time.
o Those in need of a test can also call the New York State COVID-19 Hotline at 888-364-3065
o Those in need of a test can also make appointments at Westchester Medical Center’s COVID-19 Testing Site in Valhalla by calling 914-202-4530
o Governor Hochul today announced that testing would be available at SUNY Purchase in the near future. This testing site is not yet online, but we will be sure to update you when testing at SUNY Purchase is available.
· Today the FDA amended the emergency use authorization for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. The CDC still has to weigh in and issue final clinical recommendations, meaning these recommendations are not yet final, but the initial changes are as follows:
o Eligibility for boosters is recommended to include individuals aged 12-15.
o The time between a 2nd dose and a booster shot is recommended to be shortened to 5 months.
o A third primary series dose was authorized for certain immunocompromised children aged 5-11 years, to be administered 4 weeks after the 2nd dose.
§ Children aged 5-11 who are not immunocompromised do not need a 3rd dose at this time, but the FDA continues to monitor the situation.
· This week’s COVID-19 Satellite Sites are as follows:
o Tuesday, January 4th:
Croton OVAC – 1st dose
Carrie E. Tompkins Elementary School
2:45 PM – 6:45 PM
o Tuesday, January 4th
Columbus School, New Rochelle – 1st dose
275 Washington Ave
3:30 PM – 7:00 PM
o Wednesday, January 5th
Port Chester Middle School – 2nd Dose
113 Bowman Avenue, Rye Brook
3:30 PM – 7:00 PM
o Thursday, January 6th
Chappaqua Robert E. Bell Middle School – 2nd dose
50 Senter Street
3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
o Friday, January 7th
Yonkers Eugenio Maria de Hostos Microsociety School
75 Morris Street
3:30 PM – 7:00 PM
o Saturday, January 8th
Peekskill Middle School – 2nd dose
212 Ringgold Street
10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
· New York State is providing an additional vaccination site at the Grinton I. Will Library at 1500 Central Park Ave in Yonkers on the following dates:
o 1/8/2022: 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
o 1/29/2022: 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM