Senior Advocates - Pelham Senior Citizen’s Club
For Information Contact:
Phone: (914) 738-5004
Email: [email protected]
Location: Richard J Daronco Town House
Dates: Meetings, Monday's year round
Days/Times: Mondays, from 1:00-4:00 PM. Other activities are available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Fee: Call for further information
Eligibility: Pelham residents ages 55 and over
Non-Members can join trips if room is available
The Senior Citizens Board along with the Town Of Pelham Board and the Town Recreation Department have decided to suspend all Senior Citizen's Program for the next 14 days.
This suspension of the programs are directly related to the current Coronavirus issues.
We feel that limiting these programs for the the next two weeks in is keeping with what is being done to contain any future spread of the virus to our residents.
If you have any questions on this action please do not hesitate to contact the Town or the Recreation Department.
Town of Pelham provides several programs for our Senior Citizens. All of the Town’s programs are available for all seniors 55 years and older who reside in the Town of Pelham. All programs are held at the Daronco Town House, 20 Fifth Avenue. All Senior programs are free to Pelham Residents .
- Senior Citizen Medical Van Transportation– The medical van will transport seniors to receive their medical care at doctors, dentist, clinics, or hospital. The vehicle may not stop for personal business other than to drop off and pick up prescriptions. This service is for non-emergency use only. The van is available from 9:00AM-4:00PM Monday thru Friday with the exception of holidays. The areas of service are limited; Pelham, New Rochelle, Larchmont, Eastchester, Bronxville, Mt. Vernon, Scarsdale (Lord and Taylor area only), Yonkers (Ridge Hill area only). Please call (914) 864-1155 for further information.
- Senior Citizen Club Meeting(Main Room)
Monday: 1:00PM - 4:00PM
The Senior Citizen Club meets weekly. Club membership is free. Participate in the many activities, meetings, bingo, and special events. Trip transportation will be sponsored by the Recreation Department.
- Senior Exercise(Main Room)
Tuesday: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Thursday: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
This type of class consists of various forms of stretching, random motion, isometric and low impact aerobics. All levels welcome / Sit or Stand
- Senior Cards(Main Room)
Wednesday and Friday: 1:00PM - 4:00PM
Come socialize and enjoy playing various card games, bridge, Poke no, Mahjong. Coffee and Tea served.
- Yoga (Main Room)
Friday: 10:00AM - 11:00AM
This class consists of various forms of yoga exercises designed for Seniors
- Summer Concerts (Gazebo area)
Monday nights during June – September at 7:30PM - 9:00PM
- Resident Emergency Assistance List (R.E.A.L)
The Pelham and Pelham Manor Police Department and the Town of Pelham are currently establishing a list of senior citizens and residents with special needs who reside in the Village of Pelham and Pelham Manor. This list will provide us with important contact information that we can access in the event of adverse weather or power emergencies, such as hurricanes and winter storms, which occur in our area. With this information we will be able to contact these residents during emergencies to check on their well-being. Please note contacts should be family members, friends, and neighbors. All of your information will be kept confidential.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call Carolyn Veith at the Senior Citizen Advocate Office (914) 738-5004.